2010 Fantasy Football IDP Rankings top 50 LinebackersBy Robert Kirlin aka "IDP Guru"
As you know every year I provide the guys at fantasy football starters my top 50 fantasy football IDP rankings by position. Well they have been bugging me for over a month to get these out to the masses- as many of our members keep asking for them. Its my opinion and without further.. here they are for the 2010 top 50 fantasy football IDP Linebacker rankings:
1. Patrick Willis San Francisco: Still the best IDP Fantasy player out there, no one should go before him!
2. Jon Beason Carolina: If Willis wasn’t in the league he’d be up for defensive MVP every year.
3. Barrett Ruud Tampa Bay: I’ve had him on my teams the past 2 seasons and he has been solid every year.
4. London Fletcher Washington: I’m tired of being wrong about him. Yes, he’s old, but he’s still putting up great numbers.
5. Curtis Lofton Atlanta: Had a great season last year and looks to improve on it.
6. James Laurinaitis St. Louis: Will improve on a great rookie season.
7. Ray Lewis Baltimore: As long as he has the protection from his defensive line, the elder statesman will continue to pile up tackles. 8. D’Qwell Jackson Cleveland: Injury put him out last year, but he should return to put up good numbers.
9. Kirk Morrison Jacksonville: After years in Oakland, Morrison takes his talent to Florida, to bad no one will see him there either, lucky for you as he’ll put up great numbers.
10. Jerod Mayo New England: Had an off year due to playing injured, but should bounce back.
11. David Harris NY Jets.
12. DJ Williams Denver.
13. Demeco Ryans Houston
14. Rolando McClain Oakland
15. Paul Posluszny Buffalo: Despite the switch to 3-4 Posluszny will still be solid.
16. Stewart Bradley Philadelphia: The Eagles missed him last season, he’s a steal if you can get him here.
17. Brian Cushing Houston: He would be a top 5 player but he’s suspended the first 4 games of the season.
18. David Hawthorne Seattle
19. Thomas Davis Carolina: Another coming off injury.
20. Stephen Tulloch Tennessee
21. Lance Briggs Chicago
22. Jonathan Vilma New Orleans
23. Demorrio Williams Kansas City
24. Daryl Smith Jacksonville
25. Karlos Dansby Miami: Moving over from Arizona, he should be the Dolphins top tackler.
26. EJ Henderson Minnesota: Can he stay healthy?
27. Bradie James Dallas
28. Dhani Jones Cincinnati
29. Mike Peterson Atlanta
30. Brian Urlacher Chicago: Can “HE” stay healthy?
31. Chad Greenway Minnesota
2. Clint Session Indianapolis
33. Geno Hayes Tampa Bay
34. Nick Barnett Green Bay
35. Keith Brooking Dallas
36. Will Witherspoon Tennessee: Keeps changing teams, keeps up good numbers.
37. Gary Brackett Indianapolis
38. Justin Durant Jacksonville
39. James Farrior Pittsburgh: Lost a step, should not be counted on late in the season when you’re starting your playoff run.
40. Daryl Washington Arizona
41. Stephen Cooper San Diego
42. James Harrison Pittsburgh: If you’re in a sacks only league you want him, if not…
43. Rocky McIntosh Washington
44. Jordon Dizon Detroit: This guy may be a sleeper and could score some points that brings him in the top 20!
45. AJ Hawk Green Bay
46. Andra Davis Buffalo
47. Lawrence Timmons Pittsburgh: Needs to step up this year or could be left out of my top 50 next year.
48. Bart Scott NY Jets: Really expected more out of him last year. 49. Lamarr Woodley Pittsburgh: See “James Harrison”.
50. Lofa Tatupu Seattle: How did this guy make my top 50 list again?
Be sure to check out my 2010 fantasy football IDP top 50 Defensive Line as we as Defensive backs. Good luck this season.