2010 IDP Fantasy Football Rankings top 50 Defensive LinemanBy: Robert Kirlin Aka: The IDP Guru
Another fantasy football season is almost upon us and once again for better or worse I am proud to present my IDP rankings for the top 50 Defensive Linemen (D-Line), Linebackers and D-Backs.
You will also get some of my usual commentary on several players and and might be surprised with some of my IDP player rankings this season. My goal is to help you to critique the best IDP players available to you as I have rated them. Good Luck, and have a great season!
1. Jared Allen Minnesota: No surprise here, the best in the game. 2. Trent Cole Philadelphia: Mr. Consistency.
3. Julius Peppers Chicago: The move to the Bears and the big paycheck will be a great motivation.
4. Antwan Odom Cincinnati: Was on a tear last year before injury put him on the shelf.
5. Justin Tuck NY Giants: Speaking of injury, this guy always plays tough even through injuries.
6. Kamerion Wimbley Oakland: Haven’t seen enough of him, but his numbers are valid.
7. Will Smith New Orleans: Many have him rated lower, he may get some double teams but he’s still a strong player.
8. Charles Johnson Carolina: SLEEPER ALERT! He’s not rated that highly on many boards but he’s stepping in to Peppers shoes and should play well on a solid defense.
9. Ray Edwards Minnesota: Jared Allen’s bookend will have a better year then last.
10. Justin Smith San Francisco: Always the most underrated D-Lineman in the league.
11. Mathias Kiwanuka NY Giants.
12. Darnell Dockett Arizona.
13. Kelly Gregg Baltimore.
14. Derrick Morgan Tennessee.
15. Randy Starks Miami.
16. Mario Williams Houston: Big drop from last year.
17. Kroy Bierman Atlanta: Doesn’t play all downs but makes the most of his opportunities.
18. Jonathan Babineaux Atlanta.
19. Aaron Kampman Jacksonville: His points were low from last year but now he’s back in a 4-3 alignment where he thrived until the switch to 3-4 when he was in Green Bay.
20. Aaron Schobel Buffalo: Once a great sack artist, Schobel will now be an end in the new 3-4 defense so his numbers will suffer. 21. Derrick Harvey Jacksonville.
22. Robaire Smith Cleveland.
23. Calais Campbell Arizona
24. Osi Umenyiora NY Giants: Injuries are dropping his stock, if healthy, he could be a steal.
25. Alex Brown New Orleans.
26. Shaun Ellis NY Jets.
27. Brett Keisel Pittsburgh.
28. Glenn Dorsey Kansas City.
29. Anthony Hargrove New Orleans
30. Tyler Brayton Carolina
31. Jay Ratliff Dallas.
32. Robert Mathis Indianapolis
33. Mike Patterson Philadelphia
34. Jimmy Wilkerson Tampa Bay
35. Kyle Williams Buffalo
36. William Hayes Tennessee
37. Chris Long St. Louis
38. Marcus Stroud Buffalo
39. James Hall St. Louis
40. Juqua Parker Philadelphia
41. Brandon Mebane Seattle
42. Tommy Kelly Oakland
43. Cliff Avril Detroit
44. Tony Brown Tennessee
45. Tim Crowder Tampa Bay
46. Daniel Muir Indianapolis
47. Stylez White Tampa Bay
48. Ndamukong Suh Detroit
49. Richard Seymour Oakland
50. John Abraham Atlanta
Be sure to check out my other 2010 Fantasy Football IDP Rankings on Defensive Backs and Linebackers.