2010 Fantasy Football IDP top 50 Defensive Backsby Robert Kirlin aka "IDP Guru"
For all you IDP players I am excited to share with you my entire list of top 50 IDP rankings by position. Here's my view and some thoughts around players going into this 2010 season:
1. Tyvon Branch Oakland: Say what you want about the Raiders (I DO!) They still have some good defensive players and none better than Branch.
2. Yeremiah Bell Miami: I can’t believe he was beaten out for the #1 spot.
3. Brian Dawkins Denver: Speaking of elder statesman, the guy is old, but is still in the top ? Must be something said about wisdom. 4. Bernard Pollard Houston: Piling up solid numbers and could improve.
5. Charles Woodson Green Bay: Speaking of elder… and the first corner on the board. 2 over 30 in the top 5?
6. Erik Coleman Atlanta: Not flashy, but gets the job done.
7. Dashon Goldson San Francisco: Here’s a guy to watch, especially if the 9’ers can put some points up early and force the other teams to throw.
8. George Wilson Buffalo: Sleeper Alert! Many not in the Buffalo market don’t even know who he is, heck even some in the Buffalo market doesn’t know who he is.
9. Roman Harper New Orleans: Had a solid year last year and looks to keep it going.
10. Jordan Babineaux Seattle: Speaking of markets I don’t regularly see, can’t tell you much but from the numbers.
11. Antoine Winfield Minnesota: Still one of the best tackling corners in the league.
12. Terrell Thomas NY Giants: Another Corner?
13. Antoine Bethea Indianapolis: The question is what will happen if or when Bob Sanders returns, and then for how long?
14. Louis Delmas Detroit: This guy will be busy all year!
15. Eric Weddle San Diego: Last years number one had a dreadful season, he’ll be a steal here.
16. Laron Landry Washington
17. Earl Thomas Seattle
18. Dawan Landry: Baltimore
19. Reed Doughty Washington
20. Troy Polamalu Pittsburgh: The “Injury Factor” is always a major concern. High risk, high reward.
21. Darren Sharper New Orleans
22. Brandon Merriweather New England
23. Abram Elam Cleveland.
24. Quintin Mikell Philadelphia
25. Tanard Jackson Tampa Bay
26. Richard Marshall Carolina
27. Charles Tillman Chicago
28. Eric Berry Kansas City
29. Ryan Clark Pittsburgh
30. Chris Hope Tennessee
31. Adrian Wilson Arizona
32. Michael Lewis San Francisco: Can’t believe he’s ranked this low! 33. Chinedum Ndukwe Cincinnati
34. Johnathan Joseph Cincinnati
35. Ronde Barber Tampa Bay: He’s still playing?
36. Jacob Lacey Indianapolis
37. Sabby Piscitelli Tampa Bay
38. Deon Grant NY Giants
39. Leon Hall Cincinnati
40. Brandon Flowers Kansas City
41. Champ Bailey Denver
42. OJ Atogwe St. Louis
43. Antrell Rolle NY Giants: New team, big pay check.
44. Zack Bowman Chicago
45. Taylor Mays San Francisco: Don’t expect to much from him unless injuries occur.
46. Michael Griffin Tennesse
47. Brent Grimes Atlanta
48. Jim Leonhard NY Jets
49. Brandon McGowan New England
50. Nick Collins Green Bay
So there you have it! If you want to check out my IDP Linebacker top 50 player rankings and my Defensive Lineman picks as well.
Make sure before you draft, check the injury list! I tell you that because one of you out there is going to draft Ed Reed… He may not even play this year. If you see any players on this list that are injured, please post on the Forums section. I will be on there as much as possible to answer any IDP questions you may have.
Have a great season!!!